MICHAEL DeSTEFANO: Crowdfunding for Photographers: An Overview
Wednesday, May 8th. 2:45pm – 4:30pm
This seminar is for working professionals and serious advanced amateurs desiring to take their passions, long-term projects, and lifelong obsessions to the next level. These projects can be documentaries, fine art projects or a body of commercial work that has taken on a life of its own.
Crowdfunding can be an integral part of transforming these projects from personal ideas into financially backed opportunities. Over the last few years, the concept of crowdfunding has evolved exponentially. Many new, exciting outlets have opened up for funding and reaching new audiences.
This seminar will provide a roadmap to apply to your own personal or ambitious ideas; photo books, storytelling, exhibitions, films, and adventures.
Michael will break down the many facets of a successful campaign from personal writings and interactions with your audience to technical planning, execution, and fulfillment behind the scenes.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Creating a proof of concept
- Developing a system for budgeting and choosing appropriate platforms for crowdsourcing
- Creating a video narrative, using social networks and multimedia for marketing
- Identifying and finding your audience
- Promoting your idea and creating an appealing rewards system for backers
We will show how the artist’s passion and available resources can make the difference in running a successful crowdfunding campaign.