CAROL LeFLUFY & PAT BATES: Seeking & Keeping Representation for Photographers
Wednesday May 8th. 9:00am – 10:30pm
- Some of the topics for discussion:
- How to approach, find and keep an agent.
- How to build your relationship with your agent and manage your expectations of each other.
- Growing your business with an an agent and helping them growth their business – you are a team!
- Industry standards for agents and artists financially and in terms of responsibilities.
Carol LeFlufy is the Director of Eye Forward, a photographer and director’s representative agency in Los Angeles. Eye Forward represents Sam Jones, The Ingalls, Spencer Lowell, Bella Newman, Dewey Nicks, Frank Ockenfels 3, and Perry Ogden. Eye Forward clients include editorial, advertising, entertainment advertising and brand direct clients in a diverse range of still life, portraiture, landscape, beauty, fashion, life style and motion. Carol previously worked for Annie Leibovitz as a studio manager and at Art + Commerce in New York after a career as a photographer in Canada. Carol has taught at ICP in NY and Art Center in Pasadena.
Pat Bates, founder of Pat Bates & Associates, has been in the photography industry for over twenty years representing a roster of exceptional talent and working with editorial and commercial clients such as Anthology, Restoration Hardware, Kinfolk, Williams Sonoma Home and Cooks, Martha Stewart Living, Cherry Bombe, the New York Times, Garnet Hill Home, CB2, and West Elm. She is an expert in lifestyle photography, including still, interior, and food photography. With an eye for discovering emerging talent, she has a reputation for bringing photographers into their heyday.